Imagine you are sitting in your house right now, and the sun is streaming in through the window warming you up inside and out. When you look around the room, you notice that is it looking tired and in need of a room makeover.
You are either a handy DIY person and frequently visit your local hardware store like my husband whos’ go-to is Bunnings Warehouse. Or, you are more than happy to use a professional designer plus a builder to do the work (or a mix of the two!).
Since 2020, you might have noticed a huge uptake by your friends and family doing an online course to help them with making sour dough, through to life-style farming to learning a new language?
An Explosion Has Happened In The Online Teaching Space…
To give you an idea of this online learning “explosion” that is going on – the online course industry has grown globally as a result of COVID + advancements in technology from US$250.8 billion in 2020, to US$457.8 billion by 2026! In 2022, 75% of American adults were enrolled in some form of online course.
Why? Because of fast internet and global village we now live in, it is very convenient and enjoyable to do a course from the comfort of your home… you instantly connect with others who are also interested in the same topic, you can digest the material through a mix of videos, cheat sheets and live sessions, etc, and then you get huge benefits from learning that information – information that you probably never would have seen, heard or knew existed prior to taking the course.
Surely There Is A Short-Cut ‘Out There’ To Guarantee I Will LOVE The Room Makeover Project?
When you strip all of that away, you arrive at the heart of what people really want when they buy a course or coaching program: A SHORTCUT. It is really is that simple.
People have a goal. And they buy if promised a shortcut to achieve their goal. SPECIFICALLY, THAT THE COURSE WILL HELP THEM ACHIEVE THEIR GOAL… in a shorter TIME. at a lower financial COST. and with less RISK of failure than if they had tried to go it alone.
That trifecta of time, cost, and risk is the promise that makes people want to buy just about anything in the space of personal learning and transformation. Do you agree?
What you want is a shortcut. But whereas WHAT people want hasn’t changed a lick, the WAY in which this information has to be delivered has changed. Here’s what I mean…
It Used To Be Very Hard To Find Information About Renovating Your Home…
It feels foreign now, but it wasn’t so long ago that information (in general) was scattered and scarce.
If you wanted to learn about something (let alone how to DO something), you would face a scavenger hunt of dead ends and piecemeal information with ideas on styles of interior design, through to appliances and paint colours. You had to sift through articles, blog posts, videos, and books, as you slowly pieced together the information you needed. Do you remember those days back in the early 2000s?
Now There Is Too Much Information About DIY / Room Makeovers / Home Renovation…
But of course, times have changed. The days when information was scarce and hard to come by are long gone. These days, renovation/room makeover information is abundant. A couple of hours spent on Google, YouTube or Pinterest will turn up so much material that it would take WEEKS for you to go through it all! And which bit of information applies to YOUR HOME, and in what ORDER should you do it? Will you LOVE the finished look and feel in your home?
Is There Someone To Guide Me and Guarantee To Make It Easier To Have A Fantastic Renovation That I LOVE…
Only no one wants to trawl through endless info and then have to sort it all out… So once information became abundant, the new shortcut that homeowners wanted was convenience. They didn’t just want to have all of the information compiled, they wanted the information curated for them. That was the beginning of where Creating Design Clarity was formed…
As a young architect in my late 20’s, Miles and I at Earth Building South Pacific, focused on residential homeowners in New Zealand made out of Adobe mud brick or rammed earth. Our clients knew they were wanting a home that was theirs for a lifetime. The time, money and commitment that goes into building one of these homes in Aotearoa, NZ is not the same as designing and building timber and corrugated iron roof homes so common in New Zealand.
The More I Learnt About A Homeowners Needs, Wants & Desires The Happier They Were With the Final Project…
I quickly learnt – the more I understood my clients’ unique and immediate personal needs and wants, plus their future desired use of the house over the upcoming decades they would live in it – the happier they were with the design.
When I followed up with them decades later I found they were still in love with their home, and it was continuing to give them ongoing happiness!
This is their physical home I am talking about – not their partner / family members, or their four-legged friend… which I am sure are also an enduring source of pleasure as well 🙂
As the last 30+ years have gone by I kept going back to this relationship between quality time put into learning intimate details about a client and their ongoing love affair with the finished project… as I became a qualified interior designer, kitchen designer and window treatments consultant, working with more and more clients.
Unfortunately The Opposite Was Also True…
I found that if the homeowner who either:
- * Couldn’t afford to spend 20-30 hours working with me one-on-one in the exploratory phase (expensive and on my terms), and/or,
- * When there was no time in my schedule to do this one-on-one with me (e.g. when I was a Window Treatment Consultant, and then later as a Kitchen Designer, in two extremely busy companies) the homeowners enduring love for the space was significantly diminished 🙁
I Found A Solution For The Homeowner!
In 2022 I launched my ‘Your Ultimate Design Brief’ course. It is a HYBRID course specifically for homeowners based anywhere in the world who want to learn how to get the maximum out of any invested time and money put into an entire residential build from scratch home, through to a specific room makeover.
A course that is affordable and has the depth that is required to guarantee results for the homeowner and provides sufficient information for any 3rd party to quickly understand their new client intimately, and use ‘Your Ultimate Design Brief’ like a compass to guide them.
What Is A Hybrid Course For Homeowners?
Well, hybrid is BOTH-AND instead of OR. Here’s what I mean…
A hybrid car isn’t petrol-powered OR electric, it’s BOTH-AND. A hybrid dog isn’t this breed OR that, it’s BOTH-AND. And by the same token, a hybrid course…
- * …isn’t pre-recorded OR live…
- * …isn’t on-demand OR cohort-based…
- * …isn’t a solo OR community experience…
- * …isn’t delivered online OR in-person…
- * …a hybrid course is BOTH-AND. It’s all of those things – and it is very exciting for you – the homeowner looking to do a renovation of some description in the future.
Flexibility And Understanding Is Key…
Because, after all… Your circumstances are unique. Your personality is unique. Your skills are unique. Your partner and family members living in your home are unique. Your needs are unique.
In parallel to this boom in online learning, I have done a lot of research on the VALUE TO YOU of you being FULLY INFORMED about YOU.
You Must Know What Your Design Personality For Enduring Happiness Within Your Home…
It is your UNIQUENESS that makes it so IMPORTANT that your home 100% reflects YOU in EVERYWAY – in particular the interior spaces, because it directly IMPACTS YOUR PERSONAL HAPPINESS.
Location and size of your home makes a tiny difference – but research shows that if you make well thought out personal expressions of yourself in your home, this is paramount to your ongoing happiness. (More on this in a future blog).
Elevated and enduring happiness; this is a KEY INTEGRAL PART of Creating Design Clarity’s ‘Your Ultimate Design Brief’ interior design course.
What Will ‘Your Ultimate Design Brief’ Course Give ALL Homeowners (You)?
For all homeowners, outcomes include:
- * Increased confidence when working with any 3rd party contractors to ensure your vision is accurately followed by them.
- * Significantly reduced stress and anxiety during the entire process.
- * Significantly decrease wasteful rework that consumes anywhere from 12.4% to 29.6% of your project budget (pay for the course instantly and still keep money in your pocket)
- * Course is run 3-4 times a year – absorb and do it at a comfortable pace.
- * Access this interior design course from the comfort of your home – anywhere in the world. You don’t come to me – I come to you through a mix of mediums to work with you.
- * Meet other homeowners in the same situation as yourself and form a community with them.
- * Tap into my 30+ years of knowledge as a qualified architect, interior designer, & kitchen designer!
- * Follow my unique process of helping you to create clarity with your unique colour psychology and design psychology profile.
- * Understand your partner better (both of you do the course for the price of one).
- * Make the most of spending 69.7% of each day inside your home. (Yes, that is in NZ – overseas it is even higher).
- * Join the 73% of people who are happy with their home who are also happy in life.
- * Ensure you join the elite 24.6% of homeowners who have enduring LOVE and satisfaction with their finished home improvement project.
- * Increase your current level of happiness or enjoyment of your recently renovated space.
- * Be able to tackle another renovation after this upcoming one knowing you don’t have to take another course or explain yourself again (and again) to every contractor/design professional as you now KNOW YOURSELF, your design personality, and how to communicate it to others – with clarity.
- * You now own your design personality IP. Every future home improvement project is guaranteed to be successful and a love affair between it and you every time you step into the space.
PLUS, flexibility in time to do the course (when the best time of day for you, in your home / office / wherever you have an internet connection). And, multiple ways to learn using video, audio, workbooks, cheat-sheets, and checklists, in combination with LIVE Q&A Brainstorming Group Coaching Sessions.
What About Additional Benefits For Homeowners Who Use An Architect / Interior Designer / Landscape Designer / Kitchen Designer?
In addition to the above, for homeowners who will use a design professional to design and project manage the entire room makeover:
- * Ensure your architect, interior designer, colour consultant, kitchen designer is not using their natural default biases towards design styles, trends, colour preferences, or any other preference that does not give you longterm happiness and satisfaction in the makeover room/space or entire home.
- * Give a copy of ‘Your Ultimate Design Brief’ to your chosen design professional and with a couple of simple questions they will totally understand you – and be able to quickly engage their creative side… to design a space that is totally YOU – and provide you with the latest materials, suppliers and experts to ensure you are 100% satisfied.
Any Additional Benefits For A DIY Homeowner About To Tackle Their Renovation Project?
In addition to the above, for DIY homeowners:
- * Elevate your happiness of a job well done, and increase your satisfaction of your personal achievement.
- * Reduce arguments and stress that regularly occur between you and your partner due to miscommunication and lack of clarity.
- * Increased levels of high-quality communication between you and any contractors.
- * Reduce decision time choosing how you are going to transform the space, and choose paints, textures, styles that resonate positively with you (and your partner), while avoiding ‘specials’ and ‘trends’ that do not suit you both.
* Significantly reduce purchase of wrong materials, accessories and budget blow-out mistakes that add costs from $1,200 to $15,000 per project.
The Next Step Is YOURS!
What I absolutely *CAN* do is what I do best: deliver a hybrid learning experience to empower you with the steps, resources, and tools that you need to seize this opportunity… …and ensure you have a fulfilling, impactful, and happy home.
That’s why I created this course. It’s the beginning of a powerful journey that you will ever go on. So, please click here, get on the waiting list for the next interior design course, and download this preliminary room preparation makeover resource to get you thinking in the right direction today. Got questions? Read answers to questions from homeowners just like you.
I would love to personally answer any questions or get your feedback on this post. Either leave comments below, or contact me here privately.